Freienwalde Palace is a former Prussian royal castle and a place of remembrance of the industrialist, writer, critic and politician Walther Rathenau (1867 - 1922). He purchased the palace in 1909. The ground floor presents a permanent exhibition about the history of Freienwalde Palace while the upper floor is dedicated to the remembrance of Walther Rathenau who last held the position of Foreign Minister of the Weimar Republic. The palace was built in 1798/99 by David Gilly as a summer widow residence for Queen Friederike Luise of Prussia. The palace garden with its teahouses, theater pavilion and gardener's residence is another highlight.
Foto: Museumsverband des Landes Brandenburg e.V., Andreas Tauber