The museum was installed in the building of the former garrison school in 1969, offering a permanent exhibition about the life, work and impact of the poet Heinrich von Kleist (1777 - 1811). The library and collections include more than 34,000 objects, including collections about Ewald Christian (1715–1759), Franz Alexander von Kleist (1769–1797) and Friedrich de la Motte Fouqué (1777–1843), making it the currently most expansive documentation on Heinrich von Kleist and his literary environment. The permanent exhibition is entitled "Puzzles. Battles. Ruptures. The Kleist Exhibition." Changing exhibitions with artistic, literary as well as cultural and historical themes complement the program offered by the museum. Special projects are offered for students.
Foto: Museumsverband des Landes Brandenburg e.V., Lorenz Kienzle